# Apostrophe 3 Documentation
ApostropheCMS is a full-featured, open source CMS built with Node.js that seeks to empower organizations by combining in-context editing and headless architecture in a full-stack JS environment.
# Documentation sections
- Getting started: Environment setup, installation, and an overview of the major version changes.
- Guide: Discussion of Apostrophe 3 features using lots of code examples.
- Reference: Detailed reference sections for developers.
- Coming from Apostrophe 2: A guide to feature and API changes from Apostrophe 2.
- The Cookbook: Step by step code recipes for common tasks.
- Extensions and Integrations (opens new window): Find modules to install that add features and functionality to Apostrophe sites.
# About ApostropheCMS
ApostropheCMS is content software for everyone in an organization. It helps teams of all sizes create dynamic digital experiences with elegance and efficiency by blending powerful features, developer happiness, and a low learning curve for content creators. Apostrophe has powered websites and web apps for organizations large and small for over a decade.
ApostropheCMS is released under the MIT License (opens new window).